Perfect 4 Day Itinerary for Chamonix, France
It is difficult to explain the beauty found in Chamonix – you have to just see it for yourself. Whether it is for a winter wonderland full of skiing and hot beverages or immersion in nature though hiking in the long summer months, Chamonix has something for everyone. Our four day trip proved to be the perfect amount of time to experience the highlight reel from the tops of mountain peaks to the valley with glaciers, adventure awaits!
What is there to do?
- Go to the top of Aiguille du Midi for the most amazing view
- Take the red train to visit the Mer de Glace glacier and walking inside it
- Depending on the season, indulge in the beautiful nature by hiking or selecting the winter activity of your choice
- Visit one of the spas for a treat-yo-self day
- There is a really fun luge alpine coaster that is well worth a few rides!
Where to eat?
From french countryside cooking to gourmet hot dogs to fine dining meals, there is something for everyone!
- Visit La Fine Bouche for lunch – it is small so get there at open or making reservations ahead of time
- Micro-Brasserie de Chamonix, MBC is where everyone hangs out after a long day of skiing for pub fare
- There is something magical about Cool Cats – it should not be as good as it is but its really delicious
- Cheese Love will make you a lovely cheese plate – grab a bottle of wine in the store and you have a perfect picnic
- Panier des 4 Saisons was out favorite dinner of the trip and recommend it for at least one of your dinners (if not more!)
Here was our complete itinerary!
|Tuesday||Evening||Flight to Geneva|
|Afternoon||Shuttle to Chamonix|
|Evening||Explore Chamonix||The Comptoir de Alpes|
|Thursday||Morning||Aiguille du Midi||Le Fournil Chamoniard|
|Afternoon||Luge Alpine Coaster||La Fine Bouche|
|Evening||Picked up ski rentals||Micro-Brasserie de Chamonix, MBC
|Friday||Morning||Ski Day – La Flégère||Blue Bird Cafe|
|Evening||La Maison Carrier|
|Saturday||Morning||Mer de Glace||Pastry House Richard|
|Afternoon||Le Brévent||Le Panoramic
|Evening||Aux Petits Gourmands
Big Mountain Brewing Company
|Sunday||Morning||Shuttle to Geneva
|Le Fournil Chamoniard|
Read the full trip details here!
If you have been to Chamonix before, let me know what I missed and what your favorites are!