Christmas cookie baking has deep roots in both Kevin and my families. It has always been a tradition with Kevin’s mother and grandmother each year to make hundreds cookies in a weekend bonanza and then scatter them with love throughout the holiday season. This tradition faded on my side with the passing of my nana several years ago- who was famous for all of her cookies. I was fortunate enough to get her cookie press (not the cheap plastic ones!) and Kevin was gifted a pizzelle iron last year so in our possession were the essentials for Christmas cookie baking- it was time for us to start, and continue, our own family traditions.
Cookie Line Up:
- Chocolate Crinkle
- Chocolate Cip
- Pizzelle Iron
- Cookie Press- my nana’s cookie press but others available
- Cookie Scoop– I use 1 1/2 tablespoon size
- Mixer of choice- standing or hand mixer
- Baking sheets– jelly roll pan has ridges that allow for airflow under the cookies for uniform baking
- Silicone baking mat– good for the Chocolate Crinkle
- Cooling rack
Visit my Instagram for videos on pizzelle making!
I use sugar sanding sprinkles to decorate but you can use whatever you like- get creative and personalize it. Visit my Instagram for videos on cookie press!
Cookies coming to a holiday party near you!
Hope you enjoy these easy cookie recipes- good for any time of year in my opinion.
Happy Baking and Happy Holidays!