Perfect 3 Day Itinerary for Charleston, SC
The colonial affair mixed with southern charm, Charleston had been on our eye for awhile. Another booming food scene, Charleston has a lot to offer gastronomic travelers that has staying power. And I honestly forgot how much history there is in and surrounding Charleston. While there are tons of plantation tours to choose from, consider going to the Center for Birds of Prey – we were blown away but this secret spot! And do yourself a favor and treat yourself to a dinner at Husk. No reservations available? Read more to find a little secret!
Where to stay?
Charleston is a very walkable city so best to situation yourself near one of the major streets. The Airbnb we stayed in was located only two blocks from King Street, which is one of the life lines to downtown filled with shops and food – a great spot for exploring Charleston.
What is there to do?
- Explore the historic streets downtown – get lost and enjoy admiring the house and the stone streets. Make it all the way to Waterfront Park which is gorgeous at sunset
- Visit Folly or Sullivan Beach
- Get in the car and take a tour of Center for Birds of Prey
- Hop on the ferry to Fort Sumter and learn about its importance in US history
- Pick one of the many plantations surrounding the city as there are alot of chose from – we visited Magnolia Plantation and Gardens
Where to eat?
- Jeni’s Ice Cream all day every day
- Husk is a must for lunch, dinner, or both
- Kudu Coffee and Craft Beer is the our ultimate chill spot
- If you can make it a little out of downtown, do not miss Dabs for breakfast or Miller’s All Day in town
- Seafood is delightful in Charleston – hit up Leon’s Oyster Shop or 167 Raw
Here was our complete itinerary! As with most 3 day weekends, I like to travel on Thursday after work to get the most out of the three days at the destination.
|Day 0||Afternoon||Flight to Charleston|
|Day 1||Morning||Sullivan Beach||The Daily
|Afternoon||Center for Birds of Prey||Leon’s Oyster Shop
Jeni’s Ice Cream
Charleston City Market
|Bitty and Beau’s Coffee
|Night||Kudu Coffee and Craft Beer
|Day 2||Morning||Magnolia Plantation and Gardens||Dabs Breakfast|
|Afternoon||Charles Towne Fermentary||Lewis BBQ|
|Evening||Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon||Magnolia’s
Kudu Coffee and Craft Beer
|Day 3||Morning||Fort Sumter||Miller’s All Day|
|Afternoon||Old Slave Mart Museum||Callie’s Hot Little Biscuits
Jeni’s Ice Cream
Read the full trip details here!
If you have been to Charleston before, let me know what I missed and what your favorites are!