Perfect 3 Day Itinerary for Charleston, SC
The colonial affair mixed with southern charm, Charleston had been on our eye for awhile. Another booming food scene, Charleston has a lot to offer gastronomic travelers that has staying power. And I honestly forgot how much history there is in and surrounding Charleston. While there are tons of plantation tours to choose from, consider going to the Center for Birds of Prey – we were blown away but this secret spot! And do yourself a favor and treat yourself to a dinner at Husk. No reservations available? Read more to find a little secret!
What is there to do?
- Explore the historic streets downtown – get lost and enjoy admiring the house and the stone streets. Make it all the way to Waterfront Park which is gorgeous at sunset
- Visit Folly or Sullivan Beach
- Get in the car and take a tour of Center for Birds of Prey
- Hop on the ferry to Fort Sumter and learn about its importance in US history
- Pick one of the many plantations surrounding the city as there are alot of chose from – we visited Magnolia Plantation and Gardens
Where to eat?
- Jeni’s Ice Cream all day every day
- Husk is a must for lunch, dinner, or both
- Kudu Coffee and Craft Beer is the our ultimate chill spot
- If you can make it a little out of downtown, do not miss Dabs for breakfast or Miller’s All Day in town
- Seafood is delightful in Charleston – hit up Leon’s Oyster Shop or 167 Raw
Here was our complete itinerary! As with most 3 day weekends, I like to travel on Thursday after work to get the most out of the three days at the destination.
|Day 0||Afternoon||Flight to Charleston|
|Day 1||Morning||Sullivan Beach||The Daily
|Afternoon||Center for Birds of Prey||Leon’s Oyster Shop
Jeni’s Ice Cream
Charleston City Market
|Bitty and Beau’s Coffee
|Night||Kudu Coffee and Craft Beer
|Day 2||Morning||Magnolia Plantation and Gardens||Dabs Breakfast|
|Afternoon||Charles Towne Fermentary||Lewis BBQ|
|Evening||Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon||Magnolia’s
Kudu Coffee and Craft Beer
|Day 3||Morning||Fort Sumter||Miller’s All Day|
|Afternoon||Old Slave Mart Museum||Callie’s Hot Little Biscuits
Jeni’s Ice Cream
Read the full trip details here!
If you have been to Charleston before, let me know what I missed and what your favorites are!