Itinerary: The Great Ocean Road – Australia
When visiting Melbourne, it is well worth additional time to drive out of the city and explore the Great Ocean Road. There are lots of ways to travel the Great Ocean Road and making your itinerary is just the beginning of the fun. Depending on which stops you want to hit and what your priorities of the journey are, everyone’s trip may look very different. Check out the post Road Map to the Great Ocean Road – How to Plan your Trip for what to expect, and tips for planning. Conditions can change quickly in the rain forest so be prepared to adjust your trip if needed.
Here was our two day itinerary on the Great Ocean Road:
|Day 1||Morning||Leave Melbourne at 5AM|
Anglesea Golf Course for kangaroos
– The Bottle of Milk
– Erskine Falls
– Teddy Lookout
Kennet River for koalas
– Apollo Bay Bakery
– Apollo Bay Fisherman’s Co-op
Maits Rest Rainforest Trail
|Evening||Schulz Organic Creamery and Cafe|
Timboon Fine Ice Cream
Overnight in Port Campbell (Airbnb)
|Day 2||Morning||Gibson Steps|
Loch Ard Gorge
|Afternoon||Return or Melbourne|
There are enough stops to fill multiple days on the Great Ocean Road and due to the weather, we made a few additional cuts to our journey. Here are a list of stops to include if you have more time!
- Surf town of Torquay
- In Lorne, there are additional waterfalls you can explore including Sheoak Falls and Three Falls Circuit for a longer walk
- Cape Otway Lighthouse (also a good spot for koalas if you could not find them at Kennet River)
- Great Otway National Park for hiking, waterfalls like Beauchamp Falls, Triplet Falls, Hopetoun Falls, and even redwoods – there is even a tree walk! This was definitely something I would have dedicated if we had more time.
- Make more stops on the 12 Apostles Food Artisans Trail