Packing in a Carry On: Yosemite National Park
Or any National Park really! While I predicted that 2020 would be the year of National Parks, I think 2021 is going to be no different. I looked for a park that had a good shoulder season for good weather and (hopefully) lower crowds and the park that best fit the bill was Yosemite National Park.
These types of trips are the easiest to pack for – there is no worry about packing for a variety of occasions. If you have access to laundry it can be even more straightforward.
Get Your Free DESKRIB Guide for Packing Essentials including my favorite travel items – here!
Full Packing List
Packing cubes size small, medium and large
Small Packing Cube: Toiletry Bag
- Medications (Ibupofen, Meclizine – for my sea sickness, Tums)
- Bar of solid soap
- Solid sunscreen
- Lush solid shampoo
- Toothbrush with sanitizer pod / floss
- Hair Brush
- Razor /Spare razor head
- Band-Aids/first-aid and Q-tips
- Hair accessory bag (headband, hair ties, hair clips)
- A thermometer and pulse oximeter
- Lip balm
Quart Bag for 3 Ounce Liquids
- Tooth paste
- Travel size body lotion
- Travel size conditioner
- Travel size face wash
- Face moisturizer in repurposed container
- Steroids/Aquaphor (for my terribly dry skin)
- Insect repellent (going with a lotion is easier than a spray!)
- Not shown: Hand sanitizer (2 oz and packed an additional 8 oz bottle in a separate bag)
Medium Packing Cube: Small Clothing Items
- Adventure Bands
- Sport tops- new favorite and this one too!
- Comfy bras / underwear / socks
- Darn Tough socks
Large Packing Cube: Clothes
- Two active leggings
- Four tank tops
- Two t-shirts
- Two long sleeves active shirts – Smartwool Women’s 250 Base Smartwool Women’s 150 Base
- Northface rain jacket
- Microfiber towel
- Sunglasses and glasses case
- Charges for various devices
- Small packing cube
- Travel detergent
- Travel day bag backpack
- Xero hiking shoes
Side pocket: Rain cover for backpack
- Phone power bank charger
- Car phone chargers
- External hard drive
- Small carabiner clips
- Small key chain flash light
- Folder with travel documents and itinerary
Canvas Bag – Personal Item
What I wore on plane
I also threw in … Quarry Quarrel!
We were able to play this compact game on the flight and our early evenings (let’s be honest, every night is an early evening for me… especially with the time zone difference!).This was such a fun addition to our travel bag that is definitely a keeper.
And I still got it! Everything packed snug and ready to go. Thank goodness domestic flights do not have a weight limit – this one was definitely on the heavier side but I still have some wiggle room.