Perfect 3 Day Winter Itinerary for Manchester, Vermont
Wintertime can sometimes be a drag with the shorter days and cold temperatures but if you can’t beat them, join them. Taking a winter getaway to a winter destination helps put a positive spin on those winter time blues. We traded the craft beer runs for ski runs taking a long weekend to Vermont. Located near two ski resorts, Manchester also offers local award winning cuisine, trendy shopping, and activities for all seasons. Did I mention the food? The two dinners we had were exceptional! Love exploring New England – there is so much to offer!
What is there to do?
- Explore downtown – the town of Manchester is adorable and there are so many great shops including Northshire Bookstore that we spent hours in
- Winter time – go skiing, snowboarding, or tubing
- Summer time – go hiking
- Shocking number of outlet shopping here so bring your wallets for discounted name brand stores
Where to eat?
- Our two dinners were both fantastic – The Silver Fork is in town but is super small so you need to book here way in advance and SoLo Farm & Table is outside of town and worthy the drive (also needs reservations)
- Each breakfast we had was perfect for the cold mornings – Litter Rooster Cafe, Bob’s Diner, and Up for Breakfast – you can’t go wrong with any of those choices
Here is a complete itinerary! As with most 3 day weekends, I like to travel on Thursday after work to get the most out of the three days at the destination.
|Day 1||Breakfast at Bob’s Diner|
Ski at Stratton Mountain
Relax at Ski Lodge or The Crooked Ram
Dinner at The Silver Fork
|Day 2||Breakfast at Up for Breakfast|
Explore downtown Manchester
Afternoon at Cooper Grouseg
Beer Christmas at Meulemans’ Craft Draughts
Dinner at SoLo Farm & Table
|Day 3||Breakfast at Litter Rooster Cafe|
Hildene Lincoln Family Home
Read the full trip details here!
If you have been to Manchester before, let me know what I missed and what your favorites are!