Perfect 4 Day Itinerary for Portland, Oregon
The Pacific Northwest had been a gaping hole in our US destinations and while we would have liked to have dedicated over a week to exploring the entire region, we only have four days to work with. After some consultations, we decided on Portland as the base for our introduction to the region.
What is there to do?
There is honestly something for everyone! Weather you enjoy city life, beach life, or outdoor life you can focus or mix and match your trip. For us, the trip that planned itself! There is something completely different in every direction.
- Go west and you hit the Oregon coastline – Cannon Beach
- Go south and you are in wine region – Willamette Valley
- Go east and you enter waterfall heaven – Columbia River Gorge
- And then you have downtown Portland itself
With each of these taking up a day it made for the perfect four day itinerary to visit Portland Oregon.
Where to eat?
Oh goodness, everything we ate was amazing!
- Do not miss out of the coffee, donut, ice cream culture – we indulged in each daily
- Go to Pok Pok for a casual night (get the wings) and Le Pigeon for a treat your self night (incredible!)
- On your way back from Columbia River Gorge hit Sugarpine Drive In
- On your way back from Cannon Beach hit Tillamook Creamery
Here was our complete itinerary!
|Tuesday||Night||Flight to PDX||Pok Pok
Salt and Straw
|Wednesday||Morning||Pick up car rental||Pine State Biscuits|
|Afternoon||Willamette Valley Wine Region||Red Hills Market for picnic|
|Evening||Tasty N Daughters|
|Night||Salt and Straw|
|Thursday||Morning||Hiking Columbia River Gorge||Common Ground Coffeehouse|
|Afternoon||Sugarpine Drive In|
|Friday||Morning||Driving the Oregon Coast||Stumptown RoastersSleepy Monk|
|Evening||Return car by 5PM||VooDoo Doughnuts|
|Blue Star DountCase Study Coffee|
|Afternoon||Deschutes Brewery Portland Food Pods|
|Night||Concert: Planet Booty|
Read the full trip details here!
If you have been to Portland before, let me know what I missed and what your favorites are!