Perfect 3 Day Itinerary for Portland, Maine
In complete transparency, Hurricane Irma forced us to visit Portland, Maine. We were scheduled to go visit Walt Disney World but due to the impeding storm, we had to cancel that trip the morning the night before. Still having the time off, we got in the car and started driving north for our Plan B trip.
Since we had no time to plan, we discovered Portland along the way and we loved what we found! A craft beer haven (perfect Beer Christmas destination!) and seafood heaven, we were so into Portland. We still talk about our meal at Central Provisions! And a summer time trip meant great weather to enjoy all the outdoor scenery, including beautiful lighthouses. This trip ending up being amazing and I have to say, the itinerary did not come out too bad if I do say so myself – demonstrating that sometimes you do not need hours and hours of planning – the trip will plan itself.
What is there to do?
- There are so many craft beer places so take the opportunity to do some tasting
- The coast is beautiful – make time to visit the light houses
- Downtown has so much to see so wondering around is a must
- Take the ferry to Peaks Island
- Longer trips can include Acadia National Park
Where to eat?
- If you take one recommendation from me, it is to go eat at Central Provisions
- Do not miss The Holy Donut downtown!
Here is a complete itinerary!
|Day 0||Arrive in Portland|
*If driving, make sure to take a pitstop in Kennebunkport and grab food at The Clam Shack!
|Day 1||Breakfast at the Holy Donut|
Novare Res Bier Cafe
Dinner at Central Provisions
|Day 2||Breakfast at Dutch’s |
The Lobster Shack
Maine Beer Company
Read the full trip details here!
If you have been to Portland before, let me know what I missed and what your favorites are!