Dessert is an essential facet to a Disney vacation. While you cannot go wrong with a classic Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar, there are some serious ice cream locations on Disney property.
This location is probably the most famous locations on Disney property for ice cream and for good reason. Beaches and Cream Soda Shop is the home of the Kitchen Sink.
Kitchen Sink Recipe from Disney Parks Blog:
- ½ cup fudge topping, warmed
- ½ cup butterscotch topping, warmed
- ½ cup peanut butter topping, warmed
- 1 medium banana, sliced in 1/2 –inch slices
- 1 cinnamon spice cupcake (2 ½ x 1 ¼-inch), quartered
- 1 angel food cupcake (3 x 1 ½-inch), quartered
- 2 4-oz. scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 4-oz. scoops chocolate ice cream
- 2 4-oz. scoops strawberry ice cream
- 1 4-oz. scoop mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 4-oz. scoop coffee ice cream
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- ¼ cup marshmallow crème
- ¼ cup strawberry topping
- ¼ cup pineapple topping
- 1 14-oz can dairy whipped topping
- 1 brownie (6-inch x 6-inch), quartered
- 1 regular-sized (2 ounce) candy bar, quartered
- 4 chocolate cookies with cream filling
- 1 tablespoon sliced toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon dark and white chocolate shavings
- 1 tablespoon chocolate cookies with cream filling, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped jellied orange slices (approximately 2 large slices)
- 1 tablespoon milk chocolate chip morsels
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter chip morsels
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
- ½ cup drained maraschino cherries
A great value at $32.00 as it is advertised to serve four people but very well can accommodate more. Included with the price is a ceremonial dimming of the lights, siren light, and proclamation by the staff that you are embarking on the Kitchen Sink quest. Only going as a party of two? There are plenty of other sundae options such as my personal favorite, the No Way Jose- A Peanut Butter and Hot Fudge delight featuring Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream (I get it with all chocolate!), Peanut Butter and Chocolate Morsels, Whipped Cream, and a Cherry for $9.50.
Beaches and Cream has a small dining area and can build quite a wait so it is recommended to grab reservations in advance. There is also a quick service window for simple to-go ice cream needs.
We rarely walk down Main Street USA without stopping inside Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. From simple scoops of ice cream to yummy sundaes, there is something for everyone. You even have the option of a waffle bowl or the famous Mickey pants souvenir bowl for a mini Kitchen Sink (your choice of Hot Fudge, Peanut Butter or Caramel topped with Whipped Cream and two Cherries with your choice of two hand-scoops of Ice Cream $16.99). Our favorite is the All-American Sundae with Old-fashioned Vanilla and Chocolate Ice Cream (though I get it with all chocolate!) with Hot Fudge, Peanut Butter Drizzle, Whipped Cream and a Cherry for $5.79.
Don’t like ice cream? There are also menu items such as Apple Blossom Sundae (apple pie) and Brownie Sundae that you can get without ice cream.
Where are some of your must hit ice cream destinations on Disney property?